Family medicine doctors at St. Peter’s Health are there for your whole family—throughout your lives. Our doctors are dedicated to the care of patients from newborns to the elderly.
Our family medicine care team provides routine medical care by appointment. They also work with you to quickly address your urgent medical needs.
St. Peter’s Approach to Family Medicine
Our family medicine doctors practice team-based care. Our physicians work closely with our advance practice providers (APPs), which includes nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
This team approach ensures you can make an appointment in a timely manner—and feel confident that whether you see a physician or an APP, they are up-to-date on your care.
As family medicine providers, our team builds a relationship with you and your family that lasts a lifetime. That’s why we focus on more than just addressing your physical health: We’re interested in the mind-body-spirit connection that includes your mental, emotional and physical health.
Quality Family Medicine Care at St. Peter’s
- Holistic approach to your health: We offer you convenient access to multidisciplinary care teams that work in our clinics to help you address your health comprehensively, including a pharmacist, dietitian and social worker.
- Care for chronic conditions: Our physicians have expertise in treating chronic conditions that require ongoing, personalized attention. Our family medicine team helps you address needed lifestyle changes that work for you, as well as monitor your medications and their side effects. Our team frequently sees patients with:
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Care for patients with special needs: We have physicians with expertise working with patients who have special needs, including developmental delays. Our team helps address the ways in which special needs can affect your or your child’s physical and emotional health.
- Childbirth and pregnancy services: We have five family medicine doctors who provide obstetric services for pregnancy and childbirth. Our physicians help women address their birth control and family planning needs from the beginning of menstruation through menopause.
- Patient satisfaction: We love working with our patients, and we’re proud to say it shows: According to our 2018 Patient Satisfaction scores, 93 percent of patients would recommend their provider’s office to family or friends.
Family Medicine Programs and Services
- Advance Care Planning
- Dietitian (available in clinic)
- Follow-up Care for Chronic Conditions
- Immunizations (Vaccines)
- Palliative Care
- Pharmacist (available in clinic)
- Physicals, including Sports Physicals
- Preventive Care
- Social Worker (available in clinic)
- Well–Child Visit
- Women’s Health, including Pregnancy and Childbirth