St. Peter’s Health offers parents FREE classes taught by a variety of specialists and professionals to help parents with all preparations, expectations and details surrounding a new baby. All the classes are offered to moms and their partners (please no kids).
Classes are free
Registration is required for some classes
If you are unable to attend the classes, you can schedule an appointment with the specialists using the contact information listed under the classes (please note, all insurance/co-payment may apply to services for individual appointments).
Prepared Parenting Class Schedule
Due to visitor restrictions currently in place, St. Peter's is offering a limited number of classes via live stream. Please see individual class list below for details. Instructions/links with the live-stream information for each class will be emailed once registration is complete.
Women and Children’s Unit Tour
Drop-in tours are currently not being offering due to visitor restrictions currently in place. Please call 444-2208 for more information on tours or watch the video below for a virtual tour.
View and register for Infant CPR classes through our events page
Childbirth Education - 5:30PM - 8:30PM
This two-part class held two nights over two weeks is taught by St. Peter’s Health Women and Children’s nurses. It covers a variety of labor topics including: signs and symptoms of labor, breathing and relaxation skills, pain management options, the coach’s role during labor and C-sections. Childbirth Class 1+ 2 are held Thursdays from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- January 7, 14 Click to view details and register
- February 11, 18 Click to view details and register
- March 11, 18 Click to view details and register
- April 8, 15 Click to view details and register
- May 13, 20 Click to view details and register
- June 10, 17 Click to view details and register
- July 8, 15 Click to view details and register
- August 12, 19 Click to view details and register
- September 9, 16 Click to view details and register
- October 7, 14 Click to view details and register
- November 11, 18 Click to view details and register
- December 9, 16 Click to view details and register
Breastfeeding Basics - 5:30PM to 6:30PM
This 2-hour class is led by St. Peter’s Health Family Nurse Practitioner and Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) Melissa Zimmerman. She discusses the benefits of breast milk, the anatomy and physiology of lactation, the elements that promote successful feedings, determining adequate milk intake and how to return to work while breastfeeding. Classes take place on Tuesday:
- February 9 Click to view details and register
- May 18 Click to view details and register
- September 14 Click to view details and register
- November 16 Click to view details and register
Unable to attend? Contact Melissa Zimmerman, FNP, IBCLC by calling 457-4180 to schedule an individual appointment.
Postpartum Recovery - 5:30 PM to 7:30PM
Join a Women's Health Physical Therapist and a Behavioral Health Specialist for a 2-hour class to discuss useful tips and education to remedy discomforts and guard against pain and dysfunction during and after pregnancy and also prepare for any postpartum depression.
- January 27 Click to view details and register
- April 28 Click to view details and register
- July 28 Click to view details and register
- October 27 Click to view details and register
Unable to attend? Schedule an appointment with the Women’s Health Physical Therapist by calling 444- 2340 or schedule with the Maternal Mental Health Specialist by calling 495-6987.
Child Car Seat Safety - Wednesdays from 5:30PM to 7:30PM
This 2-hour class is led by a certified child passenger safety technician. This instruction helps parents to learn the basics of choosing the right seat for your child and your budget; proper seat installation and specifically which position to use, angle and how to secure; and appropriately fitting your child to the seat as it is more complex that the height, weight and age listed on the packaging. This class is ideal for new parents, grandparents and child care providers.
Child care seat installation can be scheduled individually with an instructor as installation is not part of the class. Unable to attend or need assistance with car seat installation? Contact Tracie at 324-1072 or firstname.lastname@example.org.